Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wounded By God's People By Anne Graham Lotz

In "Wounded By God's People", Anne Graham Lotz takes story of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar to show the reader how Hagar was "Wounded By God's People" (ie Abraham and Sarah) and adds modern day people, including herself and her family, who are "Wounded By God's People", and thereby, shoes that being wounded in that way is nothing new.

The book is comprised of 16 chapters, the beginning of which is a portion of the story of Hagar and relates today's examples to the Biblical account.  Some of the chapters include, "Jesus Understands (He was wounded, too"), "Life Is Hard" (Everyone Is Wounded"), "God Cares (You Can't Outrun God"), etc,

I found the book an easy and very interesting read and was especially impressed with Anne's openness and willingness to share her own experiences with being wounded by God's people as well as wounding God's people, herself. Reading about her personal experiences made the book really real and evoked emotions in me that I don't think I would have felt had she not included them.

I highly recommend "Wounded By God's People" to everyone-believers and non-believers, alike. Both, in my opinion, will come away feeling encouraged and hopeful.

I received a copy of the book from the Thomas Nelson Publishers' Booksneeze book review program in exchange for my review. The words are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment